Get Food Safety Certified – it’s the Law.
Learn with People You Trust.
According to the CDC, millions of people suffer from illnesses caused by foods every year. This is most commonly caused by improper food preparation and handling.
People sick each year, caused by foodborne illness.
The First Principles course and assessment is a mandatory training requirement for people involved in the preparation, handling, serving and displaying of food. This certification program provides food handlers with the knowledge and skills they need to safely handle foods for human consumption and meets the Florida state requirements.
This course provides food handlers with the knowledge and skills they need to safely handle foods.
The program includes the following:
- Course is available in English, Spanish and Chinese
- Easy to follow eLearning training
- Printable certificate after completion
- Florida State DBPR reporting of employees certification
Get started for $12.95
What to expect from the program
- This course provides food handlers with the knowledge and skills they need to safely handle foods.
- Successful completion of the program assures managers, inspectors and trainers that the certificate holder has completed a basic course in food safety and meets the State of Florida food employee training requirements.
- The First Principles course and assessment is based on substantial review and analysis of the current state of knowledge, regulations, and requirements in the field of food safety as reflected in the FDA Food Code, professional literature, and industry practice and is recommended for people involved in the preparation, handling, serving and displaying of food.
What the First Principles program covers
- Introduction to Food Safety
- Contamination and Cross Contamination
- Time and Temperature Control
- Personal Hygiene
- Cleaning and Sanitizing
- Potentially Hazardous Foods/Time
- Temperature Control PHF/TCS
- Pest Control